Are you in Buenos Aires and you feel like having a few drinks in a pub off the charts? Let us tell you that you have come to the right place! Well, in the following note we will show you a detailed list of everything you need to know about the best rooftop bars in Buenos Aires.
In case you don’t know what this term means, we can tell you that these are premises that are located on the top floors of buildings. They have their high season in spring and summer, thanks to the weather conditions and the rise in demand for places to eat and drink outdoors, with the added bonus of a beautiful view. In the case of rooftops in Buenos Aires, the highest are located in downtown Buenos Aires, at a height that ranges between 70 and 130 meters, depending on the business.
Next, we leave you with the list of those that are, in our opinion, the best bars on terraces that exist in the City of Buenos Aires, let’s start!
What are the rooftops in Buenos Aires that you should visit?
1. Alvear Roof Bar | Floor 11
The Hotel Alvear is one of the most exclusive hotels in Argentina. Located on the impressive Avenida Alvear , in Recoleta, it has a bar on the 11th floor that you can access without staying and is a must if you want to spend a night tasting delicious dishes and cocktails in one of the best rooftops in Buenos Aires.
Everything that the menu offers is prepared by some of the most qualified chefs and bartenders in the country, and you can find everything from snacks and sandwiches to sushi tasting live and the best cocktails.
If you want to give the Alvear Roof Bar a chance, you just have to go to the hotel and take the elevator up to the 11th floor. There you will find an open terrace that is illuminated with very warm lights. that generate a very pleasant atmosphere of tranquility. From here you can admire an impressive view of Avenida Figueroa Alcorta, the Faculty of Law and the parks of Recoleta.
- Requires prior reservation and a minimum consumption $3,950 per person.
- Address: Avenida Alvear 1891, 11th floor
- Office hours: Thursday to Saturday from 7:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Instagram: @alvear_roof
2. Trade Sky Bar | Floors 19, 20 and 21
Known for being one of the best rooftops in Buenos Aires and around the world by the famous British magazine Time Out, Trade Sky Bar is located 88 meters high, right on the dome of the Comega building. It is so big that it occupies three floors that have a restaurant, bar and open terrace, from where you can see different tourist spots in the city such as the CCK building, the skyscrapers of Puerto Madero and the Río de la Plata that crosses over him.
The restaurant has a capacity for 30 people and is run by the chef Dante Liporace, who offers a menu of gourmet and Japanese specialties. Regarding the bar, the bartender Lucas Dávalos is in charge of making the classic drinks and also proposes 18 signature drinks. Celebrations are usually held on the terrace, with DJs playing live music.
- Requires prior reservation at least one week in advance, through www.tradeskybar.com
- Address: Avenida Corrientes 222, floors 19 and 20
- Office hours: Monday to Saturday from 12 noon to 4 p.m. and from 18 hours to closing.
- Instagram: @trade.skybar
3. Salon 1923 | Floor 16
Located just a few meters from the Hotel Tango de Mayo, the Palacio Barolo is an emblematic building in the city. Its construction is inspired by Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy, it was the first skyscraper in Latin America and turns out to be an invaluable piece of Buenos Aires architecture. Inside, more specifically on the 16th floor, there is a bar called Salón 1923. To get here, you’ll need to take the elevator to the 14th floor and then climb two more flights of stairs.
It is one of the best rooftops in Buenos Aires thanks to the fact that it offers an impressive view of the Congress of the Nation and the Casa Rosada, but you should know that it is the only of the city where you have to pay to enter.
- Reserve your ticket to Salon 1923 at https://www. reservaonline.support/salon1923/
- Address: Avenida de Mayo 1370, 16th floor.
- Instagram: @salon_1923
4. Floor 15 Sky Bar
This is one of the rooftops in Buenos Aires that often goes unnoticed because it is overshadowed by other establishments in the area. In this case, it is located in the Comega, just the same building where the Trade Sky Bar is located (they even have similar names!). However, just because it is unknown does not mean that it is less beautiful or not worth visiting.
In fact, one of the most interesting aspects of this terrace is that it has an electronic and glazed sliding roof, so you can enjoy this beautiful place even in the rain.
Upon entering, you will come across an imposingmarble bar10 meters long that invites you to enjoy signature drinks. But that is not all! Here you can also enjoy a good dinner and even enter a VIP loungewhich is ideal for private meetings of up to 10 people.
- To book, contact via Whatsapp to the number +54911-5578-7953
- Address: 222 Corrientes Avenue, 15th floor
- Business hours: Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to closing
- Instagram: @piso15_skybar
5. Sky Sky Bar | Floor 10
Cielo Sky Bar is located inside the Grand Brizo Hotel, a few meters from the Obelisco, and differs from other rooftops in Buenos Aires due to the impressive view of the most iconic postcard of the province .
The terrace of this beautiful place is ideal to enjoy an afternoon of after office, cocktails and snacks, while listening to quiet music and chatting with your friends. On Wednesdays, Cielo Sky Bar holds events that include various live shows and a DJ playing music.
- To book, contact via Whatsapp to the number +54911-5413-3119, or by email to [email protected]
- Address: Cerrito 180, 10th floor
- Opening hours: Wednesday to Sunday from 6:00 p.m. to midnight
6. 725 Continental Hotel | Floor 9
Another classic in downtown Buenos Aires is the Hotel Continental, a building built in the 1920s and located right on Avenida Roque Sáenz Peña. On the ninth floor, there is an outdoor space with a swimming pool, which opens its doors to the public only twice a week.
During the spring-summer season, a bar is set up next to the pool and they hire a DJ who plays live music while visitors taste tapas and exquisite signature drinks. So now you know: if you want to spend an unforgettable and refreshing moment while having some cocktails with friends, this is one of the rooftops in Buenos Aires that you cannot miss.
- To reserve, contact via Whatsapp to the number +54911-2884-0725, or by email to [email protected]
- Address: Avenida Roque Sáenz Peña 725, 9th floor
- Opening hours: Thursday and Friday from 18 to 24 hours
- Instagram: @725continental
7. Dome Rooftop Bar | Floor 6
Located on the world-famous Avenida de Mayo and built in 1913 by the Italian architect Fausto de Bacco, the historic Tango de Mayo Hotel has a bar that has been part of the the most emblematic rooftops of Buenos Aires: the Dome Rooftop Bar. Its views overlook the heart of downtown Buenos Aires, the Palacio Barolo and other historic domes characteristic of the area.
- To reserve, only via email to [email protected], at least 7 days in advance
- Address: Avenida de Mayo and San José, 6th floor
- Business hours: Tuesday to Saturday from 17 to 24 hours
- Instagram: @tangodemayohotel
8. Crystal Bar | Floor 32
Inaugurated in 2017, the Cystal Bar is located on the 32nd floor of the Hotel Alvear Icon, Puerto Madero, and is one of the highest bars in the city. Although it only has a small outdoor space, its view from 128 meters is definitely the most incredible of all the rooftops in Buenos Aires.
During the night the bar fills up, so we recommend you visit it as soon as it opens, in order to reserve a nice place to admire the porteño scene, and while you’re at it, admire the sunset over the River de la Plata while you enjoy some of their signature drinks.
Keep in mind that, due to the restrictions established as a result of the pandemic, the time of permanence per reservation time is two and a half hours. Beyond this fact, you cannot stop visiting Crystal Bar, we are not lying when we said that it has the best views of absolutely all the rooftops in Buenos Aires. You won’t regret meeting him!
- To reserve, contact via WhatsApp at the number +54911-2418-9628, or by going to the page http://crystal-bar.mesa.express/. The minimum consumption is $4300 per person
- Address: Aimé Painé 1130, Hotel Alvear Icon, 32nd floor
- Office hours: Tuesday to Saturday from 6:00 p.m. to 01:30 a.m.
- Instagram: @crystal.skybar